Youth Center Operations Manager
PROFILE SOURCE: Operational Professional
DEPARTMENT: Youth Center
REPORTS TO: Deputy Director
SALARY RANGE: Band 3 – $43k – $47k D.O.E
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until Filled
JOB SUMMARY & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
The Youth Center is the main hub of all one·n·ten programs. Services and programs offer engaging opportunities for LGBTQ youth and young adults ages 11-24 to access resources and participate in empowering social programs that promote self-acceptance and encourage them to lead. The Youth Center Operations Manager will work in partnership with the Youth Center Program Manager to ensure the success of the one·n·ten Youth Center. The role manages and supports youth center staff members, program delivery, and management of the youth center facilities. This position requires the Youth Center Operations Manager to excel in leading a team, have excellent feedback and communication skills and be highly organized. The support and development of one∙n∙ten youth and young adults requires the Youth Center Operations Manager to have experience in positive youth development framework, a trauma informed care approach, excellent risk management skills and clear and consistent boundaries.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Work collaboratively to conceptualize and lead the team in developing program goals and outcomes that support LGBTQ youth and ensure strategic alignment with annual budget and organizational goals.
- Develop and supervise multiple youth center staff members and interns, providing consistent feedback, ongoing coaching, development planning, and training
- Oversee management of Youth Center facilities, cleaning processes, donation management and inventory of supplies, as well as take initiative to place work orders, maintain the space and keep facilities operating to standards
- Manage Salesforce database of youth specific information, data, and attendance logs. Ensure compliance with local, state & federal laws and organization polices to safeguard information
- Oversee record keeping and reporting including activities conducted, breakdowns of participation, notable achievements/challenges and monitor measures of success
- Develop and manage a robust outreach plan to ensure more youth and young adults are served at the Youth Center
- Ensuring appropriate conduct, safety and development of participants
- Lead engaging age-appropriate group activities, on topics such as: goal-setting, healthy relationships, Evidence Based Interventions, team building, etc.
- Evaluate programs on a continual basis to ensure programs/activities respond to member needs and address participant’s sexual orientation, gender identity/expression and cultural diversity
- Participate in special events including: Phoenix Pride, Rainbows Festival, holiday events, Fresh Brunch, Dancing For one∙n∙ten, etc.
- Assist in develop collaborative partnerships with other youth-serving organizations, educational partners, volunteers, members, parents, families, and community organizations
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Proven management experience in coaching staff in program development & implementation, to benefit diverse populations of youth and young adults.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with people at all levels and in all settings relevant to the organization’s mission.
Ability to successfully maintain a community space, including keeping track of cleaning logs, overseeing donation management systems and ensuring the space maintains physical safety standards and is appealing to youth/young adults.
Extensive experience in positive youth development and trauma informed care based program development, implementation and evaluation.
Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills; ability to multi-task with confidence and meet multiple deadlines.
Ability to work independently at times and as part of a highly collaborative professional team with enthusiasm and commitment.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES:
- Relate to and work effectively with, youth/young adults, staff, & organizational leaders
- Manage program budgets and pull program data and report(s) as requested
- Risk management skills, prevention, intervention and de-escalations skills
- Organize materials, documents, and program activities
- Identify & resolve problems in a timely manner & maintain an appropriate paper trial
- Prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, set goals and objectives, and develop realistic action plans
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, complete work in a timely manner, and monitor own work to ensure quality
- Prepare for programs and delivery of services and plan for contingencies
- Simultaneously work on multiple projects and quickly switch gears as needed
- Adapt to changes within the workplace & during the planning and execution of programs
SCHEDULE: Exempt full-time, as needed & required by the position, including night/weekend work
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/DEMANDS: Standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, stretching and able to lift 40lbs without issue.
TRAVEL: Ability & willingness to drive personal reliable vehicle as needed. Mileage reimbursement is available.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Significant work experience in managing staff, developing programs for youth and young adults, experience in managing community spaces/facilities. Strong computer skills required, including use of Microsoft Office.
Experience and in-depth understanding of social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
3+ years of experience in developing & leading resilience based programs for youth & young adults.
Familiarity with Salesforce database/CMS systems a plus. Good judgment, discretion, confidentiality.
Experience working with diverse committees. Involvement and/or knowledge of the LGBTQ community &/or non-profit organizations preferred.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications & objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
- INSTRUCTIONS – HOW TO APPLY
- A complete application contains the following items:
- A cover letter, not to exceed one page
- A comprehensive resume
- Contact information for three current professional references.
- Items should be saved together in one PDF (.pdf) or Word document (.doc or .docx), and saved with a file name in the following format: LastnameYCOMapplication.pdf or LastnameYCOMapplication.doc or LastnameYCOMapplication.docx
- Applicants who are unable to meet file format requirements should contact the one•n•ten offices at 602-400-2601.
- Complete applications should be attached to an email message with “YCOM Submission” in the subject line, and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will not be accepted through any other means.
- Applicants can expect to receive an immediate electronic confirmation of submission and a follow-up email or call within 5 business days, should your candidacy qualify for interview.
Application Submission Deadline: Open Until Filled
one•n•ten is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.