TITLE: Satellite Program Manager
PROFILE SOURCE: Executive Professional
REPORTS TO: Deputy Director
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Tuesday, May 28th at 5:00 PM
JOB SUMMARY & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
one∙n∙ten Satellite Programs meet once a week at each location to support youth and young adults in building resilience, by providing them with the tools and support needed to be their authentic selves. The Satellite Program Manager is responsible for the overall expansion, implementation and success of the one∙n∙ten state-wide satellite programs. The role manages and supports Satellite Program Coordinators to ensure continued success of satellite locations. The strategic expansion of new satellite programs across the state requires the Satellite Program Manager to excel in working independently, building strategic partnerships and have excellent feedback and communication skills. The support and development of one∙n∙ten youth and young adults requires the Satellite Program Manager to have experience in positive youth development framework, a trauma informed care approach and clear and consistent boundaries.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Grow and sustain existing satellite sites & meet the implementation plan goals to open additional successful satellite sites. Work collaboratively with the Deputy Director and Satellite Coordinators to conceptualize resilience based programs that support Arizona youth and ensure strategic alignment with annual budget and program goals.
- Manage and support 6 current satellite sites, open 3 new satellite sites in 2019 & 6 new satellite sites in 2020
- Supervise and coach Satellite Program Coordinators in the successful delivery of programs- the ability to supervise remotely & with various forms of technology is required
- Assist in developing & managing special events for satellite sites
- Update and maintain Satellite Operations Manual & train new staff in program and organizational policies and procedures
- Conduct ongoing stakeholder needs assessments and program evaluation tools
- Manage satellite program specific data collection and entry
- Build and oversee the digital program library to support satellite staff
- Develop and manage a robust outreach plan to ensure more youth and young adults are served at satellite sites
- Build statewide partner relationships to ensure the support of LGBTQ youth in satellite programs and sustainability of each site
- Meet specific benchmarks in serving more youth at existing sites, building partnerships and increasing the total unduplicated number of youth served at satellite sites
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Extensive experience in positive youth development and trauma informed care based program development & implementation.
Proven management experience in coaching staff in program development & implementation to benifit diverse populations of youth and young adults.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with people at all levels and in all settings relevant to the organization’s mission.
Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills; ability to multi-task with confidence and multiple deadlines.
Ability to work remotely and independently at times and as part of a highly collaborative professional team with enthusiasm and commitment.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES:
- Relate to and work effectively with, youth/young adults, staff, & organizational leaders
- Manage satellite budgets and develop program data and report(s) as requested
- Risk Management skills, prevention, intervention and de-escalations skills
- Organize materials, documents, and program activities
- Identify & resolve problems in a timely manner & maintain an appropriate paper trial
- Prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, set goals and objectives, and develop realistic action plans
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, complete work in a timely manner, and monitor own work to ensure quality
- Prepare for program details and plan for contingencies
- Simultaneously work on multiple projects and quickly switch gears as needed
- Adapt to changes within the workplace & during the planning and execution of programs
SCHEDULE: Exempt full-time, as needed & required by the position, including night/weekend work
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/DEMANDS: Standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, stretching and able to lift 20lbs without issue.
TRAVEL: Ability & willingness to drive your own reliable vehicle to travel to various Satellite Sites across the state. Mileage reimbursement is available.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree required. Significant work experience in managing staff, developing programs for youth and young adults experience in building strategic partnerships. Strong computer skills required, including use of Microsoft Office.
3+ years of experience in developing & leading resilience based programs for youth & young adults.
Familiarity with Salesforce database/CMS systems a plus. Good judgment, discretion, confidentiality.
Experience working with diverse committees and volunteer leadership a plus. Involvement and/or knowledge of the LGBTQ+ community &/or non-profit organizations preferred.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications & objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
- INSTRUCTIONS – HOW TO APPLY
- A complete application contains the following items:
- A cover letter, not to exceed one page
- A comprehensive resume
- Contact information for three current professional references.
- Items should be saved together in one PDF (.pdf) or Word document (.doc or .docx), and saved with a file name in the following format: LastnameSPMpplication.pdf or LastnameSPMapplication.doc or LastnameSPMapplication.docx
- Applicants who are unable to meet file format requirements should contact the one•n•ten offices at least three days in advance of the deadline at 602-400-2601.
- Complete applications should be attached to an email message with “SPM Submission” in the subject line, and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will not be accepted through any other means.
- Applicants can expect to receive a confirmation within 2 business days indicating that an application has been successfully received.
one•n•ten is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.