Camp OUTdoors is dedicated to helping LGBTQAI+ youth develop leadership skills, work in collaborative ways, and develop a strong sense of self and community!
Camp OUTdoors is postponing our in-person summer program until 2022. We are very sad we are not able to gather together again this year; however we want to be absolutely sure we can ensure the safety of our campers & camp staff to the best of our ability. We understand that this may be disappointing. We CANNOT wait to see y’all in-person in 2022!
After Camp OUTdoors: Online in 2020, we’ve taken what we learned from camper feedback and further developed the program to add more workshops, decrease cabin size, and increase total camp time. This means richer conversations, deeper connections, and more Camp OUTdoors!
As in 2020, we are pausing the usual application process for Camp OUTdoors and will welcome campers who fully complete all steps of the registration for Camp OUTdoors: Online.
July 19-July 23, 2021
Free to attend
OUTscouts: The OUTscouts are an adventure-based group of youth who help plan camp. They assist with the selection of workshops and volunteers for Camp OUTdoors. They also lead their own wilderness-based workshops at Camp OUTdoors. The OUTscouts meet throughout the year for outdoor trips such as backpacking, rock climbing and survival skills training to better their knowledge and build community. All gear is provided and no outdoor experience is required.
Counselor in Training (CIT) Program: Each year, returning campers apply to take part in our CIT program. CIT’s can expect training focused on leadership development and facilitating small groups. To be eligible, applicants must be between the ages of 20-24 and be, at least, a second year returning camper.
- Campers are divided into cabins by age, we do not separate campers based on gender identity/expression
- Campers enjoy 3 hearty meals a day
- Each day of camp hosts an all-camp activity, such as: the Camp Variety Show, Skit Night, Opening/Closing Fire
- Camper ages range from 11-24.
- All overnight volunteers undergo a criminal background check & attend a 2-day mandatory volunteer training
- There is no fee or tuition to attend Camp OUTdoors
- Out-of-State campers must cover their travel costs
- Must be 25 or older. If you are a previous camper or onenten youth, the age requirement is 26.
- All volunteers must pass a criminal background check and/or have a government issued fingerprint clearance card
- All volunteers must attend the pre-camp volunteer training.
We’re looking for community leaders, organizations, professionals, and passionate folks to lead informative and experiential workshops at Camp OUTdoors. We’re looking for a range of workshops that will engage our youth in fun and innovative ways. More information on 2021 sessions coming soon!