Y.E.S. (Youth Education & Success) Program:
- Offered at Satellite Sites & the Youth Center
- Life skills classes: Goal setting, cooking classes, communication development, etc.
- Workforce readiness classes: Resume writing, applications, workplace conflict, etc.
- Financial Literacy classes: Opening a bank account, budgeting, savings, etc.
- Coaching on jobs/schooling
Charles Schwab: Main partner in job readiness workshops
Bank Of America: Financial literacy workshops
Synchrony Financial: Financial literacy & job seeking
Burton Barr Library: Job seeking workshops
Some exciting results:
- Last year, 101 youth attended one or more YES workshops. Total attendance was 403 youth.
- Eighty-three percent (83%) of participants demonstrated increased knowledge after completing a workshop with some workshops having as high as a 96% increase.
For more information on the one•n•ten Y.E.S Program:
Contact De’Shay Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org.