Donating your time as a volunteer is the greatest gift you can give to our youth. Here are details about getting involved with one•n•ten.
All volunteers that work with youth must:
- Pass a background check (one•n•ten covers this cost)
- Must be at least 25-years-old
- Youth Center volunteers must complete training and commit to three hours a week
Examples of opportunities
You can give back by volunteering one-on-one or serving on committees to help plan an event or help raise money for our programs. Opportunities include:
- Youth Center volunteer: works directly with youth at our downtown Phoenix location.
- Youth mentor: serves as an inspiration to our youth by helping them through issues, land a job and more.
- Committee members: you can serve on our fundraising, marketing, Fresh Brunch or Dancing With the Bars committees.
Volunteer with P.O.N.D. housing program
Our housing program needs a variety of volunteers to host workshops for youth on a variety of independent-living topics that include:
- Finance: banking, budgeting, saving and account-balancing
- Employment: resume-writing, job searching and interviewing
- Kitchen Skills: baking, cooking, meal-planning and grocery-budgeting
- Life Skills: goal-setting and home-making
- Creative: arts & crafts, DIY and simple home improvement
Workshops are scheduled weekly at the P.O.N.D. residence and can be no longer than a 2-hour time frame, but can span more than one session.
Contact us about volunteering
If you fit these requirements and are interested in becoming a volunteer email Rachel Sherman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602.400.2601