↑ Return to Tuesday Nights in Tempe
Permanent link to this article: http://onenten.org/tuesday-nights-in-tempe/1n10-felicia-2/
- Come Join Us, Come Dance With Us at one·n·ten!
- Parents & Adults: Learn More About The Affects of Bullying to LGBTQ Youth With Stacey Jay
- one·n·ten is Participating in Make A Difference Day by Hosting a Fundraising Car Wash for AIDS Walk Phoenix
- Queer Trivia: West Valley’s LGBTQ History Night Challenge
- Mischief Managed: West Valley’s Harry Potter-Themed Unbirthday Party
one•n•ten rocks! No better local group serving our LGBT youth. Linda's team is amazing!
Human Rights Campaign - Board of Governor
Several years ago, a few weeks before Christmas, I was in search of a place to volunteer that aligned with my values; an organization dedicated to the needs of the individuals, regardless of sexual preference, gender identity, race, religion, and all of those other identifying labels that swirl around. I hoped to find a place that provided acceptance, love, nourishment, and support for those in need. As soon as I called one•n•ten, it was Micheal Weakley who quickly replied, “Sure, come on down Christmas Day, you can help in the kitchen.” Since then, me and the other half of this “crazy hetero couple” (as Micheal referred to Todd and I), feel a lot of love and gratitude as we help out in the kitchen and assist with Queermas each year along with other events through out the year.