We are currently hiring for an Assistant Manager Role for our Youth Center.
Position Title: Youth Center Assistant Manger
Salary Range: $38,000-$44,000, plus benefits
Position Class: Exempt
Reports to: Youth Center Manager
A successful Youth Center Assistant Manager works with the Youth Center Manager to lead the staff & volunteer team in ensuring the Youth Center space, programs and services reflect mission of the organization and needs of the youth. The Assistant Manager will coordinate program volunteers for the organization, including training, developing and managing volunteers for the youth center and satellite sites. The Youth Center Assistant Manager will cover shifts in the youth center 3-4 nights per week, assist in the daily operations of the one∙n∙ten Youth Center, including program delivery, coordinating special events, staff & volunteer supervision, outreach and coaching of youth.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Create and lead innovative age-appropriate activities that cater to the interests and needs of the youth participants
- Take pride and ownership in the youth center facility; ensure cleaning and facility maintenance is per standard
- Assist in on-boarding and developing staff members when they are assigned to the Youth Center
- Recruit, train, develop and oversee a diverse and qualified pool of program volunteers
- Monitor programs on a continual basis to ensure programs/activities respond to member needs and address participant’s sexual orientation, gender identity and cultural diversity
- Assist in data entry/management of Kid Trax database and other data collection systems
- Assist in record keeping and reporting including activities conducted, breakdowns of participation, notable achievements and challenges and monitor measures of success
- Oversee in-kind donation management
- Maintain relationships with schools, community leaders, and appropriate community agencies to assist with recruitment and curriculum instruction
- Assist in scheduling special groups/events at the Youth Center
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Leading age-appropriate group activities, such as: workforce development, goal-setting, emotional-regulation, healthy professional relationships, navigating financial and educational systems, Evidence Based Interventions, healthy choices/lifestyles, etc.
- Ensuring that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of programs areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s)
- Actively recruiting new youth participants and promote programs
- Ensuring appropriate conduct, safety and development of participants
- Planning, implementing and participating in special events including: Phoenix Pride, Rainbows Festival, holiday events, etc.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the essential duties performed by incumbents of the position. Employees may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Job description is subject to change
- GED, High School Diploma or Equivalent, plus some additional training or education demonstrating a commitment to learning. Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working or volunteering in human services, youth development or LGBTQ focused nonprofit
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience successfully leading, managing and coaching direct reports
- Maintain a high level of enthusiasm and positive attitude
- Understand, value and respect diversity in all forms, including diversity within the LGBTQ community
- Experience with data collection, quality control, and reporting using multiple forms of technology
- Work collaboratively and respectfully with diverse volunteers, staff, community leaders, organizations, sponsors and their stakeholders
- Demonstrate professionalism, good judgment, and maintain confidentiality when required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain CPR & First Aid certifications
- Must be able to meet requirements to pass a Criminal Background Check and receive and maintain a Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Ability to work 3-4 evenings per week and weekends as needed
INSTRUCTIONS – HOW TO APPLY
- A complete application contains the following items:
- A cover letter, not to exceed one page
- A comprehensive resume
- Contact information for three current professional references.
Items should be saved together in one PDF (.pdf) or Word document (.doc or .docx), and saved with a file name in the following format: LastnameAMYCApplication.pdf or LastnameAMYCpplication.doc or LastnameAMYCapplication.docx
Applicants who are unable to meet file format requirements should contact the one•n•ten offices at least three days in advance of the deadline at 602-400-2601.
Complete applications should be attached to an email message with “AMYC Submission” in the subject line, and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will not be accepted through any other means.
Applicants can expect to receive a confirmation within 2 business days indicating that an application has been successfully received.
Application Submission Deadline: 5:00pm, Friday, October 26th, 2018.
one•n•ten is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.