Location: Youth Center, one∙n∙ten (Phoenix, 85004)
Position Type: Part Time (10 hour per week)
Reports To: Youth Center Program Manager
Salary Range: $14-$16 per hour (DOE)
Application Submission Deadline: 5:00pm Sunday May 14th, 2018
Start Date: The week of May 28th, 2018
The Program Associate will work with Program Specialists in planning and implementing one•n•ten’s positive youth development programming and assist in operating the Youth Center, located at 1101 N. Central avenue. Occasionally the Program Associate may participate in community outreach efforts.
Support and implement programs for one•n•ten youth to succeed:
- Support/plan weekly program activities that support positive youth development outcomes
- Lead age-appropriate group activities, including those emphasizing education, safety, LGBTQ community, healthy choices/lifestyles, and community engagement
- Establish and enforce safe-space guidelines consistent with organizational goals/mission
- Assist in the provision of weekly program activities in accordance with established standards and goals
- Demonstrate leadership to ensure appropriate conduct, safety and development of participants
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting, including activities and events conducted, breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues
- Increase visibility of one•n•ten programs via posting of weekly schedule, announcements of upcoming events
IDEAL CANDIDATE’S KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of one•n•ten programs, services, and events
- Exemplary verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, attention to detail
- Able to motivate others; oversee youth participants and weekly volunteers
- Understand, value and respect diversity in all forms, including diversity within the LGBTQ community
- Demonstrate professionalism, good judgment, and maintain confidentiality when required
- Work as an independent self-starter, without direct supervision, as well as a member of a team; develop positive working relationships with youth, volunteers, and staff
- Prepare accurate, concise and timely reports
- Provide and accept constructive feedback to/from supervisors, peers, volunteers, and youth participants
- Understanding of a trauma informed care approach
- Maintain a high level of professional energy and enthusiasm
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience working with teens and young adults
- Uphold clear boundaries with youth participants
- Knowledge of youth development, challenges and solutions
- Ability to motivate youth and provide critical resources
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth
- Ability to organize and supervise client members in a safe environment
- CPR & First Aid certifications
- Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check/Fingerprint Clearance Card
- INSTRUCTIONS – HOW TO APPLY
- A complete application contains the following items:
- A cover letter, not to exceed one page
- A comprehensive resume
- Contact information for three current professional references.
- Items should be saved together in one PDF (.pdf) or Word document (.doc or .docx), and saved with a file name in the following format: LastnameSPCApplication.pdf or LastnameSPCApplication.doc or LastnameSPCApplication.docx
- Applicants who are unable to meet file format requirements should contact the one•n•ten offices at least three days in advance of the deadline at 602-400-2601.
- Complete applications should be attached to an email message with “WVPC Submission” in the subject line, and sent to: email@example.com
- Applications will not be accepted through any other means.
- Applicants can expect to receive a confirmation within 2 business days indicating that an application has been successfully received.
- Application Submission Deadline: 5:00pm, Sunday, May 14th, 2018
one•n•ten is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
tle: one•n•ten WesWe t Valley Satellite Coordinator
Location: West Valley one∙n∙ten (Phoenix, 85254)
Position Type: Part Time
Reports To: Director of Programs
Salary Range: $15 (2-4 hour per week)
Application Submission Deadline: 5:00pm Friday, February 2nd, 2018
Start Date: Wednesday, February 7th or 24th, 2018
(Some training may be required before start date)
The Satellite Program Coordinator will plan and implement one•n•ten’s positive youth
development programming on Wednesday evenings at our West Valley Satellite Location,
which is currently located at 11024 N. 2 8th Dr. Phoenix, AZ 85029.